Getting married is an exciting time. The preparatory rituals before the big event of marriage usually involve detailed planning of the wedding ceremony, but we often forget the most important project- emotionally connecting with your partner. Mostly we start out in love with the best of intentions, but often with very little relationship education or communication skills. We are often more focused on getting to commitment than on how to keep that commitment alive every day. This personalised course is designed to help you reflect on where your relationship is currently at, as well as identify any negative patterns and habits that could lead to potential troubles for your relationship in the future.
What is this course about?
This course will teach you relationship skills, tools, and insights that lay a solid foundation to build your marriage upon. Through this course, you will be given interactive opportunities for you to connect with one another. You will also get a better understanding of potential challenges you could face as a couple, as well as how to overcome them together.
Who is this course for?
This pre-marriage course is a 3-hour session, to help couples who are exploring the possibility of marriage, engaged couples or even couples who may be dating and thinking about living together and marriage may not be on the agenda. Regardless, the prime time to learn what it takes to build a lasting relationship is early in your commitment.
What to expect from the course?
Each pre-marriage/relationship groundwork course is private and customised to help your relationship, which comes with the opportunity to explore the unique issues you face as a couple. It will encourage you to discuss 13 key areas of a relationship (some of which you may not have considered before) and guide you through any difficult discussions. This course will offer a valuable opportunity to navigate, manage and celebrate your unique differences.
Why should I sign up for this course?
- Each pre-marriage/relationship groundwork course is private and customised to meet the specific needs of each unique couple.
- The pre-assessment questionnaire not only gives you time to reflect on what you most need from this session, it also allows your therapist time to reflect on how best to support each of you and your unique relationship. You can always come back to the questionnaire documents for many years to come.
- The handouts and links provided in this course can be brought home, and you can use it as an ongoing guide to keep your relationship on track.
- This course will be delivered by one of our therapists, all of whom are highly experienced with dealing with couples. After the course, you are always free to follow up with couples counselling if required.
- This course has the flexibility of being conducted either online or face to face.
Dealing with individual differences is part and parcel of any healthy relationship. This course is the best chance for you to discuss both your individual goals and goals you have as a couple. Important skills that can be used to explore ways to accommodate to both goals will be taught in this course, and you will learn how to best support each other’s personal development. Get in touch with us today to get started.